Pilot Pro Help
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use my Pilot Pro logbook to apply for an airline job or take a checkride?
- You can use it to pull numbers (e.g. how much Cross Country time you have) and answer questions about your flight experience, but as of today, the FAA doesn't yet recognize a digital logbook as official. You can read this article for more information on that topic.
- Can I have a discount?
- Educational institutions automatically get a discount through the App Store. Otherwise, we're unable to discount the app except for when we run promotions. A huge amount of work went to into this, and we really value your business. Furthermore, we think our app is aggressively priced compared to the competition.
- Where is the Android version?
- That's a good question. We haven't ruled it out yet, but we're not currently working on an Android version. We figure most pilots at least have an iPad, but we're carefully considering it.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Well, are you referring to indicated airspeed, true airspeed, or groundspeed?
- Do I need to be connected to the Internet to use Pilot Pro?
- No. You can use the app as much as you like and sync it the next time you are connected. The web app needs an internet connection to work (obviously).
- If I delete the app from my iOS device and don't sync via Dropbox, will my logbook data be destroyed?
- Yes. Please, please sync with Dropbox to back up your data, or at least export a CSV backup occasionally. We also caution you that iCloud backups of your device may not be reliable for preserving your logbook. Please use Dropbox.
- Does a 1-star review (★☆☆☆☆) let me vent my anger but ultimately leave my problems unsolved?
- Yes. :) Please contact us if you're having trouble. We can work together to solve the issue. There's no way for us to respond on the App Store. We want to work with you so we can improve Pilot Pro.